We have an
opening in our
Read the Job Description and Apply.
7000Steps is a new venture launched by Chillibreeze in 2021. Believing in the potential of Meghalaya and the Northeast of India, we started to explore the Unexplored Coffee of Northeast India.
We strive for the same excellence and promise, that we keep in helping farmers by providing the same opportunities and market for them through 7000 Steps Coffee. Not only do we thrive in building a relationship with the farmers but we also aim at putting Meghalaya's locally sourced coffee on the coffee map by giving customers an experience of Northeast India through their senses with 7000 Steps Coffee.
Who Do We Look For?
- We expect you to be totally reliable. Reliability is one of the keys to our success
- Punctuality is one way to demonstrate this value and is expected of everyone.
- You must be open and ready to go the extra mile to constantly improve the standard of our operation or process.
- Taking initiatives and being proactive–not waiting to be told what to do.
- Innovative and creative ways to execute any assigned responsibilities.
- Receptive to customer needs and a great team player.
- Willingness to learn and the flexibility to work as part of a team with a passion for getting results.
- Someone who can commit long-term to a startup.
- Have a 'do what it takes attitude. Quick-thinking, decisive, resourceful people who get results
- Closely monitor the creation of each coffee roast by adjusting roaster settings as required.
- Experimenting with Roasting, cupping, brewing, and more.
- Set up coffee events with the team and testers for sensory evaluations regarding all offerings.
- Routinely maintain and clean all coffee roasting equipment, and track all inventory by weighing and portioning accurately.
- Collaborate with the team and brainstorm names and summaries for new coffee blends or single-origin coffees.
- Ensure that all products are in line with the good manufacturing practices guidelines and safety standards.
Day In The Life
Coffee roasters are proactive about the entire process of specialty coffee making. You would be assisting with purchasing carefully sourced coffee beans and providing direction on the roasting and blending process. Managing the roasting process includes prepping various green coffee beans to be ground and brewed to bring about the brown shade of coffee that most are familiar with. You will closely monitor the roasting process for aspects like batch number, temperature, and roast level, which can differ based on the type of blend you require.
Below is the kind of environment where you will be working:
- Since 7000 Steps Coffee is a young and startup growing company, we help each other grow and become the best we can be. We practice instant and constant feedback, coaching, and guidance positively and transparently on areas that need improvement. We call this candor. Individuals who are unable to take constructive criticism or speak up positively and openly with a positive attitude will find it difficult to fit themselves with the team.
- Teamwork is essential not only for your own but also for the success of your colleagues.
- We are a learning organization; therefore, it is expected out of everyone to constantly learn how to accomplish goals better and impart the same to your colleagues.
- Taking initiatives and being proactive – not waiting to be told what to do.