Knowing different tools and software doesn’t necessarily make a person “A Graphic Designer”. Knowing how to assembles images, typography or motion graphics to create a piece of meaningful design makes a person “a Graphic Designer”. Effective Graphic designers have no boundaries. They can use any media/software necessary and produce the best and high quality graphic designs.
As a Graphic Designer in Chillibreeze, you will be challenged on a daily basis to not only meet but consistently exceed expectations from the world’s best companies. Our customers are diverse and spread across the globe. Their requirements are diverse and they all come with high expectations. Every project has to be approached differently using different methods, tools and software.
So, you will get an opportunity and will be expected to learn how to work with different tools, software and applications. Here are some of the tools and software’s used commonly on a daily basis:
- Photoshop CC
- Illustrator CC
- Premier Pro CC
- After Effects CC
- Dreamweaver CC
- InDesign CC
You will transform ideas and concepts from written or oral instructions into visual graphics. You will also be working on various assignments and here are some of the most common requirements from our customers:
- Templates and layout designs in PowerPoint, Word documents, Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign.
- Motion graphics and video editing
- Banners Designs for both print and digital media
- Icons Designs and creations
- Illustrations/ drawings and sketching
- Logo Designs
- Interact with global customers to understand their project details and anticipate their expectations
- Attention to detail – Following detailed instructions from both customers and colleagues.
- Create artwork and graphics from rough ideas, hand drawn sketches, written descriptions or image examples from customers
- Consistently maintain high quality in all projects by making sure that simple and basic things like typesetting, spellchecking and basic proofreading are done on each and every project
- Basic computer knowledge with artistic skills. Candidates who can produce work examples and samples like painting, sketching or any other work examples will be given preference
- Able to work with and collaborate within a team
- Able to communicate clearly and understand cryptic (at times) messages from customers.
- Have a ‘do what it takes’ attitude to perform all assigned tasks and responsibilities to the best of their ability.
Preferred Qualification/ Requirements:
- Experience and working knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint. Candidates who can provide samples of their work will be given preference
- Typesetting Skills – Layout, formatting, fonts, colors, consistency etc.
- Has the ability to independently and with minimum supervision manage and complete projects
- Can blend in easily with team members and be able to collaborate, give and receive constructive feedback
- Able to communicate orally (phone/ Skype call) and via email with customers both internal and external
- Motivated to pursue own goals and objectives and requires the least amount of coaching and feedback to see their projects done
Below are the kind of environment where you will be working:
- Reliability is one of the key to our success and punctuality is one way to demonstrate this value. And more than a rule, this is a value that is expected of everyone.
- As a graphic designer, being innovative and creative is the most important part of the role. So you will have to learn how to think outside of the box to come up with unique solutions for your customers.
- Customers are demanding and their projects come with very high expectations and tight deadlines. So, you will need to learn how to work with speed without compromising on the quality and ingenuity of the work.
- Communication is another skill which is critical to this role. So you will need to learn and have good communication skills which will in turn enable you to understand customer expectations and make yourself understood whenever the need arises.
- At Chillibreeze, as a growing company, we help each other grow and become the best we can be. We practice instant and constant feedback, coaching and guidance in a positive and transparent manner on areas that needs improvement. We call this candor. Individuals who are unable to take constructive criticism or are unable to speak up positively and openly with a positive attitude will find it difficult to fit themselves in Chillibreeze.
- Teamwork is very essential not only for your own but for the success of your colleagues as well.
- The ability to work under pressure at certain times (pressures like multi-tasking, adhering to strict deadlines while still maintaining excellent quality etc.). Deadlines which are being demanded by our customers.
- Working beyond 6:00 pm (could be as late as 10pm) depending on the expectations of our customers.
- Constant learning on how to accomplish customer’s requirements better and imparting the same to your colleagues.
- Taking initiatives and being proactive – not waiting to be told what to do.
These lists are not exhaustive and will change from time to time.
Chillibreeze does not charge any “fees” from any of its candidates for any position in its offices.
We caution all candidates that if any institute, organization, placement agency, etc. approaches you with such an offer, please do not entertain them. Chillibreeze practices a fair and merit-based recruitment policy which is not open to any compromise whatsoever.
In case you have any questions or such an offer has been made to you, please write to [email protected]